Best Image Gallery & Responsive Photo Gallery – FooGallery
Actieve installaties: 200.000+
WordPress Gallery Plugin
Make gallery management in WordPress great again! With FooGallery you can easily add a stunning photo gallery to your website in minutes.
FooGallery is an easy-to-use image gallery plugin, with stunning gallery layouts and a focus on speed. It is also responsive, retina-ready and supports lazy loading for lightning fast photo galleries.
Live previews are available while creating an image gallery, and also within the Gutenberg block editor with our FooGallery Block.
FooGallery was built to be highly configurable and extendable for developers or freelancers.
That is why we think FooGallery is the best gallery plugin. After using it, we hope you will agree.
Major Updates for Google’s Core Web Vitals
A faster gallery now means a more favourable ranking in Google!
FooGallery has been specifically optimized to score better for Google’s Core Web Vitals update in May 2021.
This has led to dramatically better scores for the 3 key factors including:
- Largest Contentful Paint – galleries load and appear quicker for your visitors
- First Input Delay – you can interact with the gallery sooner
- Cumulative Layout Shift – gallery images shift around a lot less than before!
WordPress Gallery Plugin Features
The following free features make FooGallery the best gallery plugin on the market!
- 6 Beautiful Image Gallery templates
- Easy to customize!
- Thumbnail size, spacing & alignment
- Borders : size, rounded corners, drop shadows, inner shadows
- Loading icons
- Hover effects : colors, scaling, icons, captions
- Albums built-in! (just activate the albums extension)
- Gutenberg ready (Gallery previews inside the new editor!)
- Lazy loading
- Simple dots pagination demo
- Live previews in admin
- Retina thumbnail support
- Gallery Widget
- Use built-in media library to manage images
- Drag n Drop reordering of images and galleries
- Custom CSS for both galleries and albums
- Copy to clipboard shortcodes
- Visual shortcodes in rich text editor
- Gallery picker to insert shortcodes
- Page usage metabox with one-click gallery page creation
- NextGen importer tool (albums and galleries and shortcodes)
- Multisite Support
PRO Gallery Features
- 3 more beautiful PRO responsive gallery templates:
- Video Support – demo
- Import video from Youtube, Vimeo and others
- Self-hosted videos
- Filtered image gallery using Media Tags or Categories – demo
- Multi-level filtering for galleries
- Media tags and media category management for attachments
- PRO image and media lightbox built in! demo
- Dynamic Galleries (load images from other sources):
- Load from a folder on the server
- Load from a collection from Adobe Lightroom (using WP/LR Sync)
- Load all attachments with Media Tags
- Load all attachments with Media Categories
- Load from a folder in Real Media Library
- Load images from Instagram
- Load featured images from a post/page/custom post type
- 11 beautiful hover effect presets – demo
- 12 CSS thumbnail filters (Instagram) – demo
- Numbered pagination – demo
- “Load More” pagination – demo
- Infinite scroll image gallery – demo
- Animated Loaded Effects – demo
- Bulk Copy Gallery Settings – more info
- Deeplinking support for pages and filters
- More on the way!
Take FooGallery for a test drive! Spin up your very own WP instance with FooGallery pre-installed:
FooGallery includes a really simple-to-use Gutenberg block to add your existing FooGallery image galleries in seconds. And it includes live previews of the image gallery too!
When you install FooGallery for the first time, the plugin asks you (the website admin) to opt-in so that we can track your usage of the plugin and provide a better service (send you update emails for new version releases and security updates etc). This is optional and not required in order to use the plugin.
From your website point of view, FooGallery never collects or stores any visitor information at all, when someone visits your website.
PHP 8 Compatible
FooGallery has been tried and tested on servers running up to PHP 8
FooGallery is a responsive gallery with built-in support for higher quality thumbnails on retina-enabled displays. No more blurry thumbnails, just crisp thumbnails so that your image galleries look amazing on all devices.
FooGallery PRO allows you to create a video gallery in seconds! Import from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, TED and Dailymotion, or import a self-hosted video from any online source (eg. S3 bucket).
You can also easily create mixed galleries with both images and videos!
Albums Built In
Albums are built in as an extension. Simply head over to the extensions page and activate the albums extension. A new menu item will appear that allows you to add albums just as easily as galleries.
Built For Developers
FooGallery was designed to be the most developer-friendly image gallery plugin available for WordPress. It was also built on top of a solid extension framework, which means different functionality is separated out into different areas in the codebase. It also means the core plugin is lightweight, but still allowing for the most flexibility.
Thanks to Fortinet FortiGuard Labs for the security testing conducted on the plugin. FooGallery is a safer plugin thanks to them.
Best WordPress Gallery Plugin
We did the research. FooGallery has the best performance and has the most features out of any free WordPress gallery plugin. Read our blog post about it: