Login With Ajax
Actieve installaties: 50.000+
Login With Ajax is for sites that need user logins or registrations and would like to avoid the normal wordpress login pages, this plugin adds the capability of placing a login widget in the sidebar with smooth AJAX login effects.
Some of the features:
- AJAX-powered, no screen refreshes!
- Remember/Reset Password
- Custom Login/Logout redirections
- Redirect users to custom URLs on Login and Logout
- Redirect users with different roles to custom URLs
- WPML – Language-specific redirects
- Compatible with WordPress, MultiSite, BuddyPress and many other plugins that alter the login/registration form (e.g. captcha plugins)
- Customizable, upgrade-safe widgets
- shortcode and template tags available
- Widget specific option to show link to profile page
If you have any problems with the plugin after reading the FAQ, Other Notes, etc. please visit the support forums.
Translated Languages Available
To view translated languages avaialble or to contribute translations in your language, visit the WordPress translation portal. Any translated languages over 90% will be automatically installed with the plugin, for other languages not fully translated, please see our FAQ.
Shortcodes & Template Tags
You can use the shortcode [login-with-ajax] or [lwa] and template tag
login_with_ajax() with these options :
- profile_link – (1 or 0)
- If value is 1 (default), a profile link to wp-admin appears.
- registration – (1 or 0)
- If value is 1 (default), a registration link appears, providing you have registration enabled in your WP settings.
- template – (template name/directory)
- If this template directory exists, this template will be used. Default is ‘default’ template.
- remember – (1 or 0)
- If value is 1 (default), a remember password link appears for password recovery
- Successful logins are redirected to this URL
We have WPML compatiblity with regards to login/logout redirects. Aside from custom redirect links for each language, you can also use the %LANG% placeholder to dynamically insert the language fragment used to build URLs, such as en for English or es for Spanish.
To force SSL, see https://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Over_SSL. The plugin will automatically detect the wordpress settings.
Customizing the Widget
You can customize the html widgets in an upgrade-safe manner by copying files and editing them within your theme. Firstly, you need to understand how Login With Ajax loads templates:
When looking for files/templates there is an order of precedence – active child theme (if applicable), active parent themes, and finally the plugin folder:
Login With Ajax loads only one CSS and JS file which contains code for all templates. The plugin checks the locations above and loads the one it finds first. The default files are:
login-with-ajax.source.js, a non-minified version of the normal JS file.
Login With Ajax then checks for template folders which are loaded according to the preference highlighted above.
- When a user is logged out, the
widget_out.phpwill be used.
- If logged out, then
widget_in.phpwill be used
- If either of these files don’t exist in your template, the one located in the default folder will be used (which you can also override in your theme).
- When a user is logged out, the
If you wanted to change some text on the default theme, you could simply copy
wp-content/themes/yourtheme/plugins/login-with-ajax/default and edit the files as needed.
If you need to change the CSS file, copy the file
wp-content/plugins/login-with-ajax/widget/widget.css over to
wp-content/themes/yourtheme/plugins/login-with-ajax/widget.css and edit accordingly.