PowerPress Podcasting plugin by Blubrry
Actieve installaties: 60.000+
No. 1 Podcasting plugin for WordPress, with simple & advanced modes, players, subscribe tools, and more!
Publish and manage your podcast right from your WordPress website. Developed by podcasters for podcasters (Blubrry Podcasting), PowerPress features options supported by the top podcasting apps and directories, including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music and more. Best of all, it integrates with Blubrry’s hosting and statistics, providing convenient features such as easy uploads available only to Blubrry customers. Don’t worry though, we work with any hosting provider.
PowerPress Key Features
- Integrated Players: PowerPress includes audio and video players with embed support from sites like YouTube.
- NEW: Skip to Position in Player shortcode allows you to jump to a given time stamp from the episode, right in your player.
- Subscribe tools: Create subscribe page with our exclusive subscribe shortcode embed and subscribe sidebar widget optimized for responsive websites, high-resolution screens and Apple Retina displays.
- Podcast Importing and Migration: Moving from another podcast host or publishing platform? You can import your podcast from SoundCloud, Libsyn, PodBean, Squarespace, Anchor, or any valid podcast RSS feed without losing episodes. Our Import Podcast tool paired with our Migrate Media tool can move your media to Blubrry Hosting without skipping a beat.
- Multiple Podcast Feeds on One Website: Create separate podcasts by category or media format using our Category Podcasting or Podcast Channels features.
- Languages: PowerPress has been translated to many languages, and enable emoji use for your podcast feed.
Feel at ease with our Get Started setup guide. We’ll take you through settings and options best suited for your podcast.
- Essential settings: Quickly set the groundwork for your podcast and finalize your website setup.
- Podcast content: Create and publish your first episode online!
- On to the masses: Submit your podcast to directories like Apple, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music and more!
When you feel ready, head to PowerPress Settings and tap into additional options and features.
Integrated Media Players
Blubrry PowerPress includes extensive player options to display your podcast audio and video on your site.
- Audio Players: Pick from the Blubrry Player (available only to Blubrry Hosting customers), MediaElement.js, or the native HTML5 audio player. You can also use players from other themes and plugins.
- Video players: Pick from MediaElement.js, VideoJS, or the native HTML5 video player.
- Positioning: Move your player above or below your written content based on your needs and preferences.
- Player shortcode: Place the player exactly where you want by adding the
[powerpress]shortcode directly into your post content.
- Playlist player shortcode: Include a playlist of your latest podcast episodes utilizing the
[powerpress_playlist]shortcode in any page or post.
- Embeds: Add embeds from sites such as YouTube.
- PowerPress Supports: MP3, M4A, OGA (ogg audio), and OPUS audio files, though we highly recommend MP3. It also supports video formats like M4V, MP4, WEBM, and OGV.
Integrated Subscribe Tools
A Blubrry PowerPress exclusive! Our subscription tools help you convert website visitors into podcast subscribers. Subscribe options include:
- Subscribe page: Instantly create a subscribe page with simplified instructions on how to subscribe to your podcast using the PowerPress subscribe page shortcode. It includes buttons to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify and many other platforms, like our Subscribe on Android and Subscribe by Email services.
- Subscribe sidebar widget: Want to display your subscribe buttons neatly and simply on your website’s sidebar? Take advantage of our Subscribe Sidebar Widget, which will populate the same subscription buttons as the Subscribe Page. It’s also optimized for mobile!
- Responsive: Our subscribe tools are designed for any screen by providing custom buttons optimized to industry standards (48 pixels in height optimized for touch screen use).
- Retina enabled: Subscribe button images optimized for high resolution displays including Apple Retina displays.
Streamlined Features for Blubrry Hosting Customers
Make your life easier by using our podcast hosting and statistics services to streamline your podcast productivity.
- Publish media files directly from your own site.
- View Blubrry hosting usage and overall monthly quota every time you upload a new file.
- Configure how Blubrry writes media (ID3) tags within PowerPress settings.
- Blubrry hosting customers can migrate media files at no additional cost to your Blubrry account with just a couple clicks. Check out Blubrry hosting plans.
All Blubrry statistics are IAB Certified Compliant. Free Statistics are FREE to anyone. Our Standard Statistics are included with Blubrry hosting plans. Or you can purchase Advanced Statistics for $5 a month.
Migrating from other Podcast Plugins
Note: Advanced settings such as settings for podcast categories will need to be recreated in PowerPress.
Migrating from another service such as Libsyn, PodBean, SoundCloud, or Squarespace?
Importing your podcast feed(s) into PowerPress is super easy! Simply paste your RSS feed URL into PowerPress’ Import Podcast tool. Importing your existing RSS feed into PowerPress pulls your episode posts into your site, then you can optionally migrate your media to your Blubrry Podcast Hosting account with only a couple of clicks.
PowerPress in Your Language
PowerPress is available in a number of languages. Starting with PowerPress 7.0, translations have been managed through translate.wordpress.org, making translations easier to set up and update. If you’re interested in translating PowerPress, please contact us.
Translators will receive the following from us as a thank you for contributing:
- Free Blubrry Standard podcast statistics account for your podcast
- Credit for their contribution listed in the PowerPress WordPress.org Translators list
- A link to your website or social media profile.
Contact the Blubrry Support team and look through the PowerPress documentation we’ve created.
- Angelo Mandato, CIO Blubrry – Plugin founder, architect and lead developer
- Pat McSweeny, PHP Developer – Developed initial version (v0.1.0) of plugin
- Jerry Stephens, Way of the Geek – Contributed initial code fix for excerpt bug resolved in v0.6.1, wrote initial code for the 4 new flash players.
- Darcy Fiander, Rooty Radio – Fixed bug with category links to FeedValidator.org and category title warning when validating category feeds.
- Joel Haasnoot, Personal Blog – Developed PodPress archive statistics.
- Nicolas Bouliane, Personal Blog – Contributed code for
- Isiah Lloyd – Developed features in PowerPress 7.5, 7.6 and part of 8.0
- Ben Beecroft – Developed features in PowerPress 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4
- Danish translation for v1.0.11+ by Team Blogos – Latest translation available here
- French translation for v1.0.11+ by Aur�lien Denis – Aur�lien is looking for assistance maintaining the French translation, email wpchannel [at] gmail.com if interested.
- Simplified Chinese for v1.0.12+ by webmote – From webmote: Welcome to use the plugin. Very good! and then hope you to access my site.
- Italian translation for v2.0.4+ by Umberto Sartori
- Romanian translation for v2.0.4+ by Alexander Ovsov (Web Geek Sciense: http://webhostinggeeks.com/science/)
- Russian translation for v4.0.5+ by Igor Mercury
- Brazilian Portuguese translation for v6.0+ by Leo Lopes from Radiofobia