The SEO Framework
Actieve installaties: 100.000+
The only feature-complete SEO plugin that follows the white-hat guidelines and rules imposed by WordPress and search engines.
Start using proven methods to optimize your website for SEO. Clean, dedicated, extensible, unrestricted, ad-free, and no strings attached.
To top it off, this is the fastest full-featured SEO plugin, and it blends right into your WordPress website, without leaving you in the dark.
It’s easy to get started. Activate this plugin, and your site’s instantly protected against prominent SEO attacks. The SEO Framework will also prefill all critical meta tags for you. A real time-saver. Ingenious.
We poured over 18 000 hours into this plugin. Here are the results:
It is brilliant.
The SEO Framework is an expert system for SEO. It is the only solution that can intelligently generate critical SEO meta tags in any language by reading your WordPress environment. This automation saves you a considerable amount of time that could be used to write more content or focus on other tasks. It also removes the need for advanced SEO knowledge.
It comes preconfigured.
With The SEO Framework, we provide an excellent starting point for your website by rationally optimizing all your pages. Naturally, you can also tweak it however you like. If you’re not an SEO expert, learn what you may wish to optimize in our Setup guide.
It helps you optimize your metadata.
We made the only SEO plugin that follows Google’s webmaster guidelines to the letter. It took years of research and tweaking to translate this well inside your WordPress interface. Finally, you can freely optimize your pages without having to worry about making critical mistakes.
It creates a beautiful overview.
On your post overview pages, you’ll find color-coded guidelines. They suggest you how to improve your pages as you hover over them with your mouse. For example, when your titles are unbranded or when WordPress blocks indexing. Instinctively, touch-and keyboard navigation is also supported.
It includes exceptional support.
We don’t outsource our support. We’re here for you. Feel free to drop by our support forums at any time to ask a question. More than 1400 inquiries have been answered personally, typically within 48 hours in the past five years.
It leaves no room for errors.
We focus on the quality of features you need over the quantity on features you don’t. This trait makes this plugin unique, faster, more accurate, nearly bug-free, and more sustainable. The added benefit is that your site is unlikely to get penalized by search engines. We won’t steer you into writing unnatural content or allow you to trick search engines.
It remains genuine and pure.
We built The SEO Framework for small to large corporations and enterprises. The interface is entirely accessible and seamlessly integrates within your dashboard. Therefore, interacting with this plugin feels natural. It might feel dull, but your WordPress dashboard shouldn’t be a billboard for our branding. We won’t ever change this.
It improves search presence.
The SEO Framework ranks your website distinctively by enabling breadcrumbs for Google Search, and by automatically generating titles and descriptions according to Google’s guidelines. It also notifies Google, Bing, and all connected search networks automatically of your website’s changes with its built-in sitemap.
It makes social sharing easy.
The SEO Framework automatically supports and allows you to further tailor the Open Graph, Facebook, and Twitter Cards protocols. It helps your posts stand out when they’re shared on various social networks, including Pinterest, Discord, and Whatsapp.
It feels more than accessible.
We handpicked our color scheme so that people with any medically recognized color-vision deficiency can distinguish the guidelines set by search engines. We also implemented full keyboard-navigation and screen-reader support.
It protects you from mistakes.
The SEO Framework steers you from making significant and common SEO mistakes. It leaves little room for you to mess up because the plugin already does everything SEO for you. For example, it automatically prevents duplicated content mistakes by enforcing strict canonical rules.
It follows best-practices and beyond.
The biggest problems with WordPress plugins are security and compatibility. As part-time security researchers, we focus on making this plugin impenetrable. The SEO Framework also uses WordPress’s API whenever possible, making this plugin integrate neatly with every other plugin written with that in mind.
It has developers at heart.
We encourage other developers to enhance and add functionality to this plugin. We’ve done so ourselves, already, with our extensions. Check out our API, and feel free to contribute!
It respects your privacy.
Aan de slag
- Used another plugin? Easily migrate your SEO data.
- Need a helping hand getting started? Read our quick setup guide.
- Wil je je pagina's verbeteren? Leer hoe je je metadata optimaliseert.
Doe meer met extensies
For additional functionality, check out our free companion plugin Extension Manager. It provides numerous free and paid extensions, such as:
- Focus guides you through the process of writing targeted content that ranks with focus keywords and synonyms.
- Articles enhances your published posts by automatically adding important Structured Data.
- Honeypot catches comment spammers through four lightweight yet powerful ways.
- Cord helps you connect your website to Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel.
- Local lets you set up important local business information for search engines to consume.
- AMP binds The SEO Framework to the AMP plugin for AMP supported articles and pages.
- Monitor keeps track of your website’s SEO optimizations and statistics.
- Incognito hides all development-comments from The SEO Framework.
- Origin redirects attachment-page visitors back to the parent post.
- Title Fix makes sure your title output is as configured. Even if your theme is doing it wrong.
Visit our extensions overview page for more information.
Unbranded, free and for the professionals
The SEO Framework is a uniquely white label plugin that blends seamlessly into your WordPress dashboard. This means that we don’t even put the name “The SEO Framework” anywhere within your WordPress interface. No ads, no nags. Nobody has to know about the tools you’ve used to create your website. Note that we output standardized development-comments distinguishing the plugin output in source code. You can remove these with our free Incognito extension.
Behind the screens
The SEO Framework works on many things without notifying you, because the best software is fast, nimble, responsive, and should save you precious time. Here are a few things it does behind the screens.
- It prevents canonical errors for categories, pages, subdomains, and WordPress Multisite domain mapping.
- It stops SEO attacks that are caused by pagination exploits in WordPress by telling the search engine to look at the existing last page instead.
- It discourages 404 pages and empty categories from being indexed, even when they don’t send a 404 response.
- It automatically notifies Google and the Bing network on website updates when sitemaps are enabled.
- It discourages search engines from indexing feeds and the sitemap. This doesn’t mean they won’t use them; only, they won’t show them in their search results.
- It directs search engines from the comment pages back to the post storing those comments.
The SEO Framework ondersteunt:
- PHP 5.6 and higher.
- WordPress 5.1 and higher.
- Internationalisering via WordPress.org.
- Unicode (UTF-8) character recognition and rendering, including Emoji and CJKV (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese).
- Right to Left (RTL) languages (Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi, et al.), through its interface and metatag generation.
- Complete color-vision deficiency accessibility thanks to a carefully picked color scheme.
- Full keyboard navigation, so that you can inspect tooltips quickly without ever having to reach for your mouse.
- Full screen-reader accessibility via field anchors, ARIA labels, and title attributes.
- WordPress Multisite setups, this plugin is in fact built upon one.
- Detection and output of robots.txt and sitemap.xml files.
- Full integration with WordPress Core sitemaps.
- Output of structured data via Schema.org JSON-LD scripts.
- Altering oEmbed for improved sharing on Discord.
- Detectie van verschillende andere SEO-tools om je genadig over te laten schakelen.
- Vertaalplugins zoals WPML, Polylang, WPGlobus en MultilingualPress.
- E-commerce plugins, like WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
- Editing posts and terms via WordPress’s native bulk-and-quick-edit interfaces.
- Headless mode via a single constant definition.
Copyright legislation notice
In a few words: The SEO Framework allows search engines to do what they’ve been doing for the past 20 years via its preconfigured copyright settings.
When you activate The SEO Framework on any site, you automatically grant rights to content aggregators, among Google, Bing, and Yandex, to obtain and use information from the site, including written work, images, audio, and video. You can control these rights via the robots-meta settings brought by this plugin. Your rights and the effectiveness of these settings are subject to your website’s region and language, and the physical or virtual origin of the platform and their potential users through which your website’s information is obtained and shared. It is up to the aggregator to honor your rights and the requests brought via The SEO Framework.
If you wish to learn more, please refer to the EU commission on copyright. These rulings may propagate its effects through regions outside the EU.