WebP Converter for Media – Convert WebP & Optimize Images
Actieve installaties: 100.000+
Speed up your website by serving WebP images. By replacing files in standard JPEG, PNG and GIF formats with WebP format, you can save over a half of the page weight without losing quality.
After installing the plugin you do not have to do anything more. Your current images will be converted into a new format. When compress images is finished, users will automatically receive new, much lighter images than the original ones.
As of today, over 90% of users use browsers that support the WebP format. The loading time of your website depends to a large extent on its weight. Using convert WebP, now you can and speed up it in a few seconds without much effort!
This will be a profit both for your users who will not have to download so much data, but also for a server that will be less loaded. Remember that a better optimized website also affects your Google ranking.
Support for additional directories
Now you can convert WebP and optimize images not only from
/uploads directory but also from
/themes directories. This allows full integration with the WebP format!
How does this work?
- By adding images to your Media Library, convert WebP starts automatically and WebP images are saved in a separate directory.
- If you have just installed the plugin, you can optimize images with one click.
- As WebP you will see all the images added to the Media Library and other selected directories.
- When the browser tries to download an image file, the server verifies if it supports
image/webpfiles and if the file exists.
- If everything is OK, instead of the original image, the browser will receive its equivalent in WebP format.
- In default loading mode the plugin does not change image URLs, so there are no problems with saving the HTML code of website to the cache and time of its generation does not increase. It does not matter if the image display as an
imgHTML tag or you use
background-image. It works always!
- The name of the loaded image does not contain the WebP extension. Only the source of the loaded file changes to a WebP file. As a result, you always have one URL to a file. Regardless of whether the browser supports WebP or not.
- Image URLs are modified using the module
mod_rewriteon the server, i.e. the same, and thanks to this we can use friendly links in WordPress. Additionally, the MIME type of the sent file is modified to
- In case rewriting by rules from .htaccess file is blocked, a mode is available which loads images via PHP file. Then image URLs are changed, but the logic of operation is the same as in the case of the default mode.
- The final result is that your users download less than half of the data, and the website itself loads faster!
Convert WebP – it is the future!
Optimize images and raise your website to a new level now! Install the plugin and enjoy the website that loads faster by image optimization. Surely you and your users will appreciate it.
Support to the development of plugin
We spend hours working on the development of this plugin. Technical support also requires a lot of time, but we do it because we want to offer you the best plugin. We enjoy every new plugin installation.
If you would like to appreciate it, you can provide us a coffee. If every user bought at least one, we could work on the plugin 24 hours a day!