WP STAGING – Backup Duplicator & Migration
Actieve installaties: 60.000+
WP STAGING for WordPress Cloning & Migration
This duplicator, staging, and backup plugin can create an exact copy of your entire website in seconds.* Great for staging, backup, or development purposes.
(Cloning and Backup time depends on the size of your website)
This clone plugin creates a clone of your website into a subfolder or subdomain (Pro) of your main WordPress installation. The clone includes an entire copy of your database.
Note: For pushing & migrating plugins and theme files to production site, check out the pro edition https://wp-staging.com/
All the time-consumptive database and file cloning operations are done in the background. The plugin even automatically does an entire search & replacement of all serialized links and paths.
This staging and backup plugin can clone your website even if it runs on a weak shared hosting server.
WP STAGING can help you to prevent your website from being broken or unavailable because of installing untested plugin updates!
- WP STAGING clones the whole production site into a subfolder like example.com/staging-site.
- Easy to use! Create a clone of your site by clicking one button
- No Software as a Service – No account needed! All data belong to you only and stay on your server.
- No server timeouts on huge websites or/and small hosting servers
- Very fast – Migration and clone process takes only a few seconds or minutes, depending on the website’s size and server I/O power.
- Use the clone as part of your backup strategy
- Only administrators can access the clone website.
- SEO friendly: The clone website is unavailable to search engines due to a custom login prompt and the meta tag no-index.
- The admin bar on the staging website is orange colored and shows clearly when you work on the staging site.
- Extensive logging features
- Supports all popular web servers: Apache, Nginx, and Microsoft IIS
- [Premium]: Choose a separate database and select a custom directory for cloning
- [Premium]: Make the clone website available from a subdomain like dev.example.com
- [Premium]: Push & migrate entire clone site inc. all plugins, themes, and media files to the production website.
- [Premium]: Define user roles that get access to the clone site only. For instance, clients or external developers.
- [Premium]: Migration and cloning of WordPress multisites
Note: Some features are Premium. This means you need WP STAGING | PRO to use those features. get WP STAGING | PRO!
Additional Features WP STAGING | PRO Edition
- Backup entire website, even with millions of database rows extremely fast
- Migrate and transfer WordPress to another host or domain
- Cloning and migration of WordPress multisite
- Define a separate database and a custom directory for cloning
- Clone your website into a subdomain
- Specify certain user roles for accessing the staging site
- Copy all modifications from the staging site to the production website
Change your workflow of updating themes and plugins data:
- Use WP STAGING to clone a production website for staging, testing, or backup purposes
- Create a backup of your website
- Customize the theme, configuration, update or install new plugins
- Test everything on your staging site and keep a backup of the original site
- If everything works on the staging site start the migration and copy all modifications to your production site!
Can´t I just use my local WordPress development system like xampp / lampp for testing and backup purposes?
You can test your website locally but if your local hardware and software environment is not a 100% exact clone of your production server there is NO guarantee that every aspect of your local copy is working on your production website exactly as you expect it.
There are some obvious things like differences in the config of PHP and the server you are running but even such non-obvious settings like the amount of RAM or the CPU performance can lead to unexpected results on your production website.
There are dozens of other possible cause of failure which can not be handled well when you are testing your changes on a local platform only without creating a backup staging site.
This is where WP STAGING comes into play… Site cloning, backup, and staging site creation simplified and with enterprise code quality on a new level.!